cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX922

holtbolt
Contributor
Need help with Error 6000

No paper jam. Tried turning on and off and unplugging. I hear loud screeching before I get the error message. Can anyone help?
5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello, hotbolt.

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please call our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during normal business hours, or visit our support site for self-help options HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

holtbolt
Contributor
The 800 number didn’t help. That’s why I’m posting in here. Is there an actual tech willing to talk to me about my problem?

Greetings,

Error 6000 is often a paper jam or dirty encoder strip.

"loud screeching " ...  something is jammed, broken or binding. 

If you can't see or determine what it is and it does this everytime you power it on, the printer will require service. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi holtbolt,

The 6000 error cna be caused by a paper jam.  Please refer to the link below to check for jammed paper/foreign objects:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MX920%20series/EN/ERR/ERR_Contents0200.html

If you are unable to find a paper jam and the 6000 error persists, your PIXMA MX922 would require service.

If your PIXMA MX922 was purchased less than a year ago, it is still in warranty. Please contact our support group using the following link to obtain your available service options:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

If your PIXMA MX922 was purchased greater than a year ago, it is out of warranty. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

holtbolt
Contributor
Tried everything. No paper jam. I hear a loud screeching sound then get the error message to unplug/disconnect and turn back on. Error 6000. Can anyone help????
Announcements