cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before I install MX922, do I need to uninstall drivers for MP800 first?

pmt513
Apprentice

My MP800 is out after many years of service due Error Code 6500. Before I install MX922, do I need to uninstall drivers for MP800? Or just install MX922 as normal? Running OS X 10.10 Yosemite on Mac mini. I want my scanned images done by MP800 to remain on my mac of course. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi pmt513,

You don't have to uninstall the drivers for the PIXMA MP800 prior to installing the PIXMA MX922; however, if you would like to, you can reset the printer system on your Mac to uninstall the drivers without removing the scanned images.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

2. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears. After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences should be empty. If your printer is still listed on the left select your printer and then click the minus (-) button to delete it.

3. Restart your Mac.

You can now install the drivers for the PIXMA MX922.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

railett
Apprentice

I am want ing th =eeireless scan cooieto ointer (Mg2929) but is won'tle me cokmpete i onling esinc i lot cane wuit =g ut, Ciykd i=yuheloa= a cojutr ileitae=t oerrsio how to do this. 

Thalnk Yousi fior yiur tie and atentin to thi mate 

Thjaks

Donna lett*270 2558590

Ramona
Authority

Hi pmt513,

You don't have to uninstall the drivers for the PIXMA MP800 prior to installing the PIXMA MX922; however, if you would like to, you can reset the printer system on your Mac to uninstall the drivers without removing the scanned images.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

2. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears. After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences should be empty. If your printer is still listed on the left select your printer and then click the minus (-) button to delete it.

3. Restart your Mac.

You can now install the drivers for the PIXMA MX922.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements