cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7120 printer continues to turn off. Error USB001. Cannot fix.

SuzieQQQ
Apprentice

We have a Pixma 7102 which we've had for over 6 months with no problems.  In the last week the computer continues to shut off all by itself.  Error message USB001.  This is very anoying but it also uses more ink to continue to restart.  What's the problem?  Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi SuzieQQQ,

A firmware update may be needed to resolve the issue you are experiencing.  To determine if an update is needed, please follow the steps below to display the firmware version currently installed on your printer:

1. Flick the HOME screen, then tap Setup.

2. Tap Device settings.  The Device settings screen is displayed.

3. Tap Firmware update.  The Firmware update menu opens. 

4. Tap Check Current Version.  The current version should be displayed.  

What is the version of the firmware that is installed?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

3/10/15 - the last few days it is functioning as normal.  I suspect a firmware update is what initially started the problem.  I think there is another firmware update available but I do not want the problem to start again.  Suggestions?

Ramona
Authority

Hi SuzieQQQ,

If you print the firmware version using the steps in my previous response, what is the firmware version installed on the printer? Depending on the firmware version installed, you may or may not need to update.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements