cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B200 Error and Now Printing Blue Lines

jademoonblade
Apprentice

So my MP560 was working fine and dandy until a few days ago. I suddenly got a B200 error that I somehow managed to fix by opening and closing the cover. I was then able to print B&W pages without issue. 

However, today, I tried to print some color pages and I have blue lines across any colored images, while the black is crisp and unaffected. I ran both a head cleaning and a deep cleaning and the blue lines also appear in the test print out pages on the first C (cyan) bar.

What can I do to fix this? Please help! 

Thanks!  >^.^<

8 REPLIES 8

Tiffany

Hi Jademoonblade!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any other error messages or details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

Oops! Of course that would be important.

I am on OS X 10.9.2. (Mavericks)

Thanks!

Hello,

Any other thoughts on this matter? I have tried to do a manual flush of the printhead to no avail.

Please help!

I have had this issue. 

1st the  cyan lines about a 1/4 apart. This also showed up on the printer alignment page on Cyan. The lightest area printed with light cyan and a normal cyan.

If I printed using the photo setting the alignment page printed normal.

Shortly after that I got a B200 error. Nothing I did, cleaning printheads and contacts, new cartridges, etc. helped.

I love this printer so I found a used replacement on Ebay at a very reasonable price. The replacement was hardly used, less than 200 pages according to the test page. 

Happy as I was I decided to put the printhead from the replacement printer into my older printer with the B200 error and cyan issue.

Wow both issues were solved.

I have now ordered a new print head from Ebay and hopefully I will end up with two of these great printers.

I don't think the printhead I ordered from China is a genuine Canon printhead but for the price, less than 35 bucks I am willing to take a chance and in a month when th new print head arrives will update this post.

The printhead from solved the B200 error but did not solve the line issue. They offered me $5 for my trouble then later $12 but no replacement. I finally said full refund or I would let ebay get involved. They gave me a full refund. I will be on the lookout for a printhead locally.

Hello, I have windows 10 amd I am getting the same error and a message to unplug and contact service but there is no support there now for this product

Ramona
Authority

Hi jademoonblade,

You can try performing a print head alignment on the printer to see if this will resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

PIXMA MP560 Print Head Alignment

Should you still experience difficulty after performing the alignment, the printer will require servicing.  Please Contact Us for your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

macdeknife
Contributor

My blue lines were horizontal and about 1/4 inch. Tried cleaning heads, different cyan cartridge, did not help.

I deleted the Canon printers downloaded and reinstalled the printer (MG6200). Never had the B200 error.

Issue solved. Good luck.

Announcements