cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody get or know about this Unable To Install Canon MX452 series Printer, Type 3 - User Mode, x64

chheyden
Apprentice

I eliminated (deleted) this driver when I got a better (more expensive HP Officejet Pro 8610) about 2 years ago. Now that HP Officejet needs a new printing head, so I brought out the MX 452 (PIXMA) and get this message: "Unable To Install Canon MX450 series Printer, Type 3 - User Mode, x64 This operation requires an interactive window station."  It copies, it scans but (of course) it won't print without the printing driver. But, when I download the correct (indicated) mp68-win-mx450-1_01-ea32_2.exe driver from canon.com it won't install.  My computer system is Windows 10 64-bit on an HP notebook.  Thanks for any helpful insight.

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are these the drivers you are trying to install?

Screenshot 2023-05-07 195325.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Well John, I do not recognize the XPS Printer file as one that I deleted.  Right now I am trying to download that one to join the other MP file but running into memory deficiency (I believe) in order to get past the EULA.  I'll let you know if the XPS file is the one I need to install, though it seems not likely.

Yes the same.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The XPS driver is a special driver that allows 16-bit printing. It is an “overlay” driver in that it first needs the regular driver to be installed. It also isn’t needed. Did the regular MP driver install OK?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The error in the initial post typically indicates a user permissions issue.  The user account does not have an adequate level of permissions to write to the installation folder.  A 3rd party anti-virus program is another possible cause.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements