Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macOS Sonoma v14.2.1 workaround not working for my M50

Aghotbi
Apprentice

Hi there. 
On Safari 14.2.1 and have done the Apple Work Around
It sounds like folks that have been able to update to 14.2.1 and the work around been able to get it working again.

What's strange is that my Canon M50 will work for about 1 second then it disconnects.
I am on EOS Webcam Utility 2.0.30

There was one day earlier this week that it stayed connected all day, so I know it CAN work.  I also know it's not the USB cable, because it's been working great in general.      

I suspect there is some sort of conflict happening between the countless EOS Webcam utility apps version I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled.   At one point two different version were running at the same time.   I'm trying to uninstall everything, and do it from scratch, but SOMEHOW Webcam utility still knows who I am when I install fresh.  It recognizes and automatically logs me in, etc.   I've gone in to the Harddrive Library and removed all the supporting Canon Webcam utility resource files, profiles, supports etc that I can find, but still somehow it seems to be pulling some information.  My hope is if I can start completely clean I can get it back working again.   

This is what happens in like a matter of 2 seconds:  Any ideas?

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 11.30.54 AM.png

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Apple released 14.0 and broke everything, so they released 14.1  Apple released a fix for 14.1, and then broke it with 14.2.  Apple released a fix for 14.2, and now you are reporting that it is broken again with a release 14.2.1?  

I do not know what to tell you.  Welcome to the Wonderful World of Apple Products.  They have been doing this for years.  Get used to Apple or get rid of it.  That is my best advice. 

Apple may release a fix for this latest SNAFU, and then break it again several weeks later.  They have broken this OS 14.x at least (3) times since Labor Day.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements