cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Monterey | 5D Mark II

pilotjoe78
Contributor

I'm attempting to transfer files (camera to iMac) utilizing an IFC-200U cable. The computer isn't detecting the camera at all, and I've downloaded the newest software versions that are shown from the Support Downloads Page

Even though the Canon website lists "Catalina" as the iOS version it's detecting I use, I'm running the updated iOS. 

Any advice/help out there on how to be able to get data off of the CF cards w/out needing to get CF readers?

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 4.57.45 PM.png

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I assume you want to use the Apple software. My T6S shows up just fine on my M1 iMac24 with Monterey.

Sometimes you have to run Image Capture directly to set up the computer for imports. Once you do that, things should happen automatically.

How do I get the software to get the images off the camera since EOS solution disk is no longer supported for the newer machines?

I'll use the Canon software if it will work... however both of what I downloaded that is shown in the original post doesn't offer the option for me to transfer the RAW files into the computer. 

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Does your iMac have an SD card slot?  If so, that's typically much easier to deal with.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Yes, it does, however, the 5D Mark II runs off of a Compact Flash card. 

For now, until Canon releases a vesion for Monterey, Go ahead and use Image Capture. It does not hurt anything, and you can transition to Canon's software when it is ready.

How do I get image capture at this point? 

It is not offered to me via download from Canon. 

Image Capture is a macOS app and installed as part of the operating system.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Sorry about that; I didn't remember that the 5D II was CF-only.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements