cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoombrowser EX

chzuck
Contributor

I so wish this program would not have all the extra junk!  All I want it for is to view my photos and EXIF data.  Is there a preferance page where I can remove or turn off the things I don't want?  I have a Rebel XT and Canon has abondoned me on using their software to download photos from my camnera with EOS Utility. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Chzuck,

Thanks for your reply regarding ZoomBrowser EX.

ZoomBrowser EX isn't compatible (at least reliably compatible) with Windows 10.

Is ZoomBrowser EX the only Canon software that you have or do you have the Digital Photo Professional (DPP) installed, too? (DPP is the best software that Canon provides for viewing EXIF data and AF points.)

If you don't have DPP installed, do you still have the original CD ROM that was included with your camera?

• With regard to the other Canon software that you'd like to remove, besides your EOS Rebel XT, do you have any other Canon cameras, printers or other Canon products that plug into your computer?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

@chzuck wrote:
Thank you for that recommendation. I may need to take another look at that one. Perhaps I will install that on my laptop and work with it.

DPP 3 and DPP 4 don't get in each other's way. Both can be installed on the same computer.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Great to know. Gives me an opportunity to learn 4 with 3 as a fall back if I get frustrated with trying to learn 4.

@chzuck wrote:
Great to know. Gives me an opportunity to learn 4 with 3 as a fall back if I get frustrated with trying to learn 4.

One final point: DPP 3 and 4 don't see each other's changes, So you can have two separate, independent versions of an image, maintained in the same RAW file. Deciding whether that's a feature or a bug is an exercise left to the user.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Recently purchased new camera Canon Powershot SX620HS and would like to continue using Zoombrowser as I did with my old Powershot A630 but cannot download pictures, what should I do ?

Sorry, ZB is no longer supported.

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

I thought that ImageBrowserEX was intended to supplant Canon ZoomBrowserEX. Though I seem to recall having issues installiing and/or opening ImageBrowser in my Win7 desktop. Haven't tried installing any updated version, if one exists.

Update.....it works OK if I take the memory card out of the camera and stick it in the laptop, but not if I couple up with USB cable, hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

@richardhodson wrote:

Update.....it works OK if I take the memory card out of the camera and stick it in the laptop, but not if I couple up with USB cable, hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

Microsoft completely changed how their Operating Systems function and interact with system hardware during the evolution from Windows XP to Windows 10.  This software evolution was accompanied by a corresponding hardware evolution. 

Applications no longer interacted directly with hardware in Windows 7.  Developers wrote code against a Virtual Machine, which makes applications platform independent.  Windows 7 could run XP applications because it had a compatibility mode, which fooled apps into thinking they were interacting directly with the hardware when they were in fact not.

Microsoft continued to support XP for quite a number of years, but support was dropped around the time Windows 10 was fully introduced.  The XP Compatibility mode is gone.  This is why older XP apps fail when they try to talk to a USB port.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements