cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my photos? (eos utility software)

Bangaboom
Apprentice

Hi, I'm new to photography so please forgive me if the answer to this is obvious!

I have the Canon 750D.

I took some self-portraits today using  the EOS Utility as a live viewer and a the canon remote shutter button. All seem to be working fine, I could hear the shutter working and the flash was activating so I'm sure it was taking the photos.

However when I went to view the images afterwards none of them seem to be on my memory card.

Some photos I took earlier this morning using the remote shutter button but not with EOS Utility are on the card, so I think the issue must be connected to EOS Utility.

Really hope I can retrieve my images somehow. Please help!

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

They should be saved on the card.  I am not aware of a setting to auto-delete images.  How are you reading the memory card?  With the card in the camera, I would expect that you should be able to call them up and preview them on camera’s LCD.

Where is the EOS Utility saving photos?  There is a setting in the utility that sets that.  Reconnect and power up the camera again, and start up the EOS utility as if you were going to take pictures again.

Once everything is ready to go, go to the Main Screen of the EOS Utility and look for a Preferences button.  This is where you set the folder for downloaded pictures to be saved.  I am guessing that setting will tell you where the images might be saved.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

They should be saved on the card.  I am not aware of a setting to auto-delete images.  How are you reading the memory card?  With the card in the camera, I would expect that you should be able to call them up and preview them on camera’s LCD.

Where is the EOS Utility saving photos?  There is a setting in the utility that sets that.  Reconnect and power up the camera again, and start up the EOS utility as if you were going to take pictures again.

Once everything is ready to go, go to the Main Screen of the EOS Utility and look for a Preferences button.  This is where you set the folder for downloaded pictures to be saved.  I am guessing that setting will tell you where the images might be saved.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you so much @Waddizzle

It turned out the software was saving the images to file on my laptop.

So pleased they're not lost.

Really appreciate the reply.

Announcements