cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update R5 firmware

mking17
Apprentice

Hi,

My R5 does not recognized the firmware saved on the as card. Continue to get an error message stating “memory card containing software is required to update”. Any tips on how I can get this firmware installed? 

thanks!!!

14 REPLIES 14

thanks, Tronhard!  I am using a mac and the file eosr5-v150-mac.dmg downloads without a problem.  That is as far as I can go as I can' get this file to open to find the .FIR file.  No matter how I look at this file it just will not open.  That's my issue.  Thanks.   Larry L

I'm having the same issue. Can download .dmg but not open it or view the contents.  Mac mini M1 Big Sur version 11.6 Thanks, Dee

Interestingly, I have had the same issue that a Mac will not open a DMG file: one that has nothing whatsoever to do with Canon. The issue may lie with the computer software...

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Hi levinelaw,  I had the same issue.  Then I noticed on the left side of Finder and new entry under Locations.  The FIR rule was there along with the update procedures PDF.  Felt a little slow that I didn't see in before.

Cheers, I had nothing new appear under locations on the left in finder but when I clicked on locations it appeared in the list. 

Announcements