cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble finding EOS Utility Software (for Mac)

TinaOZ
Apprentice

I have just purchased a R5 camera. In reading the manual I understand that I need to download the EOS Utility Software yet when I following links from the manual to canon websites and follow links to software/R5 the EOS Utility software is not shown?  Can anyone advise what may be the problem, as I seem to be going around in circles.

I am in Australia have a MacBook Pro on macOS Sonoma Version 14.1.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, TinaOZ! At Canon USA, we're only able to help customers here in the United States.  For help in Australia, we recommend contacting our colleagues at Canon Australia.  Your fellow Community members are still welcome to offer their advice.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

@dan329 wrote:

yes, I downloaded it, and it doesn't work..  I contacted Canon and their technicians were able to recreate the problem of it not working and promised new updates would come..  3 months ago..  Now they are saying that it works fine, when it does not...  suggested I try to install a 5 year old system on a new M2 laptop to make it work..

Works fine for me. I run EOSU3 directly; I don't go through the EOSU startup screen.

I startup EOSU3 and then turn on the camera. Do you get a message to allow the USB device to connect? If you run Image Capture does it see your camera?

Macbook Air M2 w/Sonoma 14.2.1.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

I'm not using USB, I'm using WiFi to connect.   I can usually connect via USB, but that doesn't work well for shooting in the studio.

Whether I connect directly or manually, it is the same issue.   The software see the camera, but won't talk too it.  All of my options are grayed out and it tells me it's not connected, when I can see it connected on the camera and the router.

Announcements