cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Not Loading

fastedi7
Apprentice

Capture.JPG

What causes a warning when I try to open "Digital Photo Professional" (ver 3.12, of "This Program requires 1024x768 or more and High Color or higher setting" ??

19 REPLIES 19

Tim
Authority

Hi fastedi7,

I am sorry that you are seeing an inadequate display resolution issue within Digital Photo Professional.  This issue can sometimes come up in Windows 7 and 8 with certain graphics cards and processors.  Try the following and see if we can't get this issue resolved:

1. Go to CONTROL PANEL - DISPLAY.  Look for the small pull-down on the top right of the control panel if you don't see it.  Switch to SMALL ICON and look again.

2. When you get to DISPLAY, look for the option that lets you change RESOLUTION.  Ensure that the resolution is at 1024 x 768 at a minimum. 

3. Go to the ADVANCED settings.  From here you'll want to go to the MONITOR tab.  Look for the COLOR tab at the bottom.  Once you find it, switch it to 16 bit.  Hit APPLY then OK. 

From this point on, DPP should work properly.  This change in bit depth should not make a noticeable difference on your monitor's display. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, Tim... can I jump in here, since I have the same problem/same error message?  In Windows 8 (64-bit), there is no color tab at the bottom of that window, and I understand from other reading that you can't change its settings to 16-bit color globally.  We've already made that change in DPP (3.13.0.1), but it still won't open.  Any ideas?  We were wondering if an earlier version of DPP would work?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Try 32-bit and 1980x1080.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I just added a new LG IPS Monitor 23" with resolution 1920 x 1080 and now my Canon Digital Pro software won't load.  It is set at 32 bit and highest resolution.  What's up?

Ms. Beber,

You didn't change or do a thing except add the new monitor?  Need more info.  You have restarted your computer since and have the latest version of DPP?

EB

That's correct.  However, I haven't downloaded a newer version of the DPP software.  Do I need to do that? 

Okay, downloaded latest DPP software, still same problem.  Restarted computer...still same problem.

WOW you are quick!

EB

Is this a WIndows machine or a Mac? I am guessing a Mac. There have been several problems reported with DPP (even other Canon software) running correctly on Mac's.

Can you plug in the old monitor to see if it is just a monitor issue?

EB
Announcements