cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6 not recognized by EOS Utility versions 2 OR 3 --

kwetal
Apprentice

Hello everyone -- I have a Rebel T6, which I am trying to connect to my EOS Utility software so I can shoot tethered. My computer recognizes the camera when I plug in the USB cable and I can download using the computer's native Image Capture software. But the EOS Utility software does not see the camera, and all the options stay greyed out in the dialogue windows. I have WiFi disabled (I've tried it both ways), I have the latest Utility software freshly installed (3.15), I've used the original USB cable, a new cable, and a Tether Tools cable, all with the same results, both through various hubs and directly to the computer's own port(s). I'm guessing it's some basic setting I haven't done, but I'm out of ideas! Can anyone help? Thanks so much!

-- 2020 iMac, Intel-based (NOT an M1), running Monterey 12.2.1

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Check and see if there are permissions that need to be authorized for the software in the Security page of System Preferences. EOSU3 requires authorization in Files and Folders.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for your reply, but when I go to the Security panel it says EOSU3 already has Full Disc Access. Still baffled...

Guru2681
Apprentice

Forking same! I'm so fed up. 

I also have the T6, and I tried with my Microsoft Surface Win 10pro and now another Win10pro system with no built-in camera. The whole idea is to avoid the possible built in issues. Nope. Still not even working. 

I've quit the EOS Utility; I have disabled wifi/nfc; I have verified that my camera works by trying the "Live Shooting" feature in the utility, so it's DEF not the cable; I am hard-wired power into camera AND USB directly into pc. I'm at a total loss, and nothing online has helped. 

Please help us! I can send logs, screenshot, whatever. 

Announcements