cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAW file problem with paint shop pro X6

Mark1953
Apprentice

I just starting using a Canon T7.  When I attempt to open the RAW files in Corel Paint Shop Pro X6 the pictures show up looking like they have some type of colored filter over them.  This problem does not occur when opening RAW files on my Canon T6.  Also the RAW files on my T7 look fine when viewing them in Zoom Browser so I don't think the problem is with the camera.  Does anyone know if Paint Shop pro has limitations that prevents it from opening T7 files since they are larger than the T6 files.  I don't know if I need new editing software or if there is another problem. 

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You can always use Canon's free Digital Photo Professional. It understands the raw formats perfectly. It is definitely a PSP problem, each camera's raw file must be decoded and color corrected differently.

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

You need to upgrade PSP. I have 2023 and it will open all of my Canon Raw files (CR2 and CR3), even the R5 and R6 mark II. I do have "Ultimate", but I don't think that matters. It's also one of the few programs I have that will open HEIF files from the R's HDR PQ format. It will also use all of my PS and Topaz Labs plugins. It's well worth the upgrade.

Although it handles them quite well, I still process my Raw files in Canons Digital Photo Professional 4 (DPP 4).

Newton

Peter
Authority
Authority

"the pictures show up looking like they have some type of colored filter over them"

Sounds like a result of wrong black level = no raw support for that camera. Update your software.

I think your camera uses 2048 as black level.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements