cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro --- Photoshop Elements 2018

OldSlowHans
Enthusiast

Just upgraded to Photoshop Elements 2018 (from Photoshop Elements 15).

When I try to install Print Studio Pro (current version V2.2.3) plugin, it does not find Elements 2018.

What am I doing wrong?

"Just an old boy, and his camera"
13 REPLIES 13

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Why not ask the print studio folks?

What computer and OS?

I asked here because Print Studio Pro is a Canon software program.

Computer is a Windows 10 machine.

PSP is a fresh download from Canon.

"Computer is a Windows 10 machine."

You don't need it at all.  PSE will do the job.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"You don't need it at all.  PSE will do the job"

When printing to my PRO-10, PSP plug-in gives MUCH better control of the process, as compared to the facility native to PSE.

When you select print in PSE doesn't it take you to the settings menu in My Printer? All the controls are there unless I have missed something.

Macs are different but you said you have Windoze 10.

EB

"When you select print in PSE doesn't it take you to the settings menu in My Printer? All the controls are there unless I have missed something."

Just to make sure we're on the same page in the Hymnal here.

Yes, if I select print in PSE, it takes me to a standard Windows-style "print" dialog.  I could print from there to my Canon PRO-10 printer.

But I want more, and Canon provides it.

Print Studio Pro is a Canon "plug-in" which enhances the interface between PSE and my Canon PRO-10 photo printer.  It provides a much richer "printer control console" with many features NOT available in the standard Windows print dialog.

Your suggestion to print directly from PSE is unresponsive to my question.  

I need to determine how to install Canon Print Studio Pro as a plugin to Photoshop Elements 2018.  That is the purpose of my inquiry.

Good morning Hans. I have two caveats to mention: 1. I don't know if the PSE folder structure is the same as Photoshop, and I don't know how comfortable you are working in the computer file system, but here is a solution that works with Photoshop 2018.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Print-Studio-Pro-plugin/m-p/253388#M6...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"Yes, if I select print in PSE, it takes me to a standard Windows-style "print" dialog."

It doesn't take you to this screen?  This is where PS takes me when I just us PS.

my printer.jpg

"I need to determine how to install Canon Print Studio Pro as a plugin to Photoshop Elements 2018.  That is the purpose of my inquiry."

I understand I only wanted to show you a work around if it was not possible.  There is nothing you can't do in this print box.

EB

Yes, it takes me to that screen.

Which is "fine" for as far as it goes.

But the Canon Print Studio Pro plugin (which I've now been able to install, thanks to help from Canon OnLine Support), provides additional functionality.  Here a some screen captures.  I use a PRO-10, but I'm sure it will also work with your PRO-100.  It's a free download from Canon.

Psp 1.JPG

PsP 2.JPG

PsP 3.JPG

Announcements