cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS CC 2017 and Canon Print Studio Pro

Chiotas
Contributor

Hi mates,

Since I updated to CC2017 I'm no more able to use Canon Print Studio Pro (latest 2.1 for Mac).

Actually is no more present in the Automate menu, and even if I try to reinstall the plugin I receive an error  (Impossible to create a folder + Impossible to install)

Am I the only one? Is there any trick? 

Best

12 REPLIES 12

GaelicMemories
Contributor
Hi John, I have already installed the the files manually with the exact same results as I mentioned. I have also uninstalled Photoshop CC and cleared all the Canon software, reinstalled Photoshop and the Canon software to no avail. I have spoken with Canon UK but still no solution to the issue of Canon Studio Pro Print crashing Photoshop. As you can imagine I have many many photos with three back up drives, my next move is to format and reinstall a fresh Sierra OX.

In the drivers section in Canon.ie it only list drivers for Maverick and El Capitan yet Canon Asia lists High Sierra compatibility there does not appear to be any conformity standard.

I will continue to seek a workable resolution, I can print from the photo review app on the iMac from the rear tray but not from the manual feed so I’m limited to the paper weights I can use.

Thanks for you kind and swift response it’s appreciated.

Hi. Lets try some things before you do a reinstall.

1. is this the driver you are using: https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_pro_series/pixma_pr... 10.13 (High Sierra)

2. Go into the Canon Utyilities->Print Studio Pro app folder an run the plugin install app.

3. When you go th System Preferences->Printers & Scanners do you see the IJ series printer or the Bonjour printer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

GaelicMemories
Contributor
Hi John

It’s midnight here now, will respond tomorrow and thanks for your kind assistance.
Announcements