cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need drivers for canon rebel eos t2i

miezekatze
Apprentice

I purchased a canon rebel eos t2i back in 2011 an at the time, I could connect my camera to my pc to capture video remotely. I'd like to do this again, but I can't connect the camera to the PC without the drivers which are inconveniently omitted on the t2i support page. How can I connect the camera to my PC (windows 64 bit)

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Drivers are not required to connect your camera to a windows computer.  The camera's memory card will appear as a mass storage device.  Windows should automatically assign a drive letter.  You do need the correct type of cable and its recommended that you connect the camera directly to a USB port on the motherboard or laptop and not to a hub.  

Canon does offer software for the T2i.  Digital Photo Professional, Picture Style Editor as well as firmware updates.  You can visit the support portal and enter your OS version to see what's available:

Canon Support for EOS Rebel T2i | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements