cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macbook (Ventura 13.2.1) and DPP4 (Version 4.17.20.0) and Google Drive

Landon_H
Contributor

Just started using a Macbook to cull/organize my 1000s of photos on Google Drive.  The Windows version of DPP4 works fine as far as finding the locally mapped google drive folder.  However, on this new Macbook, google drive folder(s) do not show up in DPP4 -- only the Macintosh HD.  And there is no trace of google drive folders when parsing that Mac HD.  GD shows up in Finder just fine and I can navigate around into all my photo folders.  

What's the trick to get GD folders to show up in the Folder pane of DPP4?  Tried the various disk access toggles in Privacy and Security in the OS settings.  But maybe I missed something.  

I'm about ready to give up on DPP4 and I hate to cause I found it useful for my purposes when using it w/Windows.  Adobe Bridge and Photoshop Elements has no problem finding the files on GD in MacOS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Landon_H
Contributor

Well, I'm an idiot.  Finally figured this out.  In MacOS you have to deliberately enable an option in Finder to make the Library folder show up.  Once I did that, Library became visible in DPP4 and I was able to navigate to CloudDrive/GoogleDrive and find all my digital photos.  Screenshot below if interested.  Thanks for all the responses.  Hope this helps someone.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 7.00.59 PM.png

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I've not tested this, but would expect any disk which appears in Finder would also appear in DPP.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

GD doesn’t appear as a disk.   It’s a folder in Finder.  On Windows, as you probably know, GD looks like a mounted disk.  

Landon_H
Contributor

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 6.13.27 PM.png

Landon_H
Contributor

If anyone is following this, I think I answered my own question.  I have an M1 Pro chip in my M-book and it looks like DPP4 isn't compatible.  Only works w/Intel chips.

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 9.00.11 PM.png

@Landon_H wrote:

If anyone is following this, I think I answered my own question.  I have an M1 Pro chip in my M-book and it looks like DPP4 isn't compatible.  Only works w/Intel chips.

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 9.00.11 PM.png

DPP4..17.20 runs fine on my M2 MacBook Air Ventura.

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 9.24.02 AM.png

I don't use Google Drive, so can't assist there. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

DPP 'runs' fine on an M1 I suppose.  Since I could never navigate my way to the location of all my digital photos, I didn't get much further in checking it out.  The DPP download finally started showing up under Venture (OS 13 I think they call it on the Canon site) about a week ago which seemed like good news.  Previously, you had to manually select OS 12 to find it.  The screenshot above showed the compatibility details (i.e. no apple chips) for Ventura.

Can you please post the path to One Drive from below?  It's cut-off slightly.  I did try to find One Drive in DPP (as well as iCloud) but met with no success.

I do appreciate all the replies.

It’s in my screenshot in the path Library->CloudStorage. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I opened Lightroom Classic on my MacBook and looked to see how I could import some images I have in One Drive. It showed a file chain. I looked for the same file chain in DPP4 and found this:

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 9.44.24 AM.png

Maybe you could find Google Drive there.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I can't get there in DPP -- something is hidden or otherwise not accessible. 

I am able to find that location in Finder.  However, in Finder, it's only a partial list of the Google Drive folders that exist.  I.e., I don't see all the contents of what's stored in GD.

I'll poke around more this afternoon when I have more time.

Announcements