cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC BIG SUR, I still can't install EOS Utility or any other Canon software? HELP?

cajagow
Apprentice

I am running the latest RELEASED version of Big Sur on my one year old Mac Mini.  Before I loaded Big Sur my EOS utility program worked for transferring images to MAC via USB cable.  Ever since Big Sur, with the latest download EU from Canon the installation fails, it looks like the installer is extracting files and then fails.  I get an error that reads "UniversalInstaller quit unexpectedly"????????

5 REPLIES 5

Safe Mode did not work

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@cajagow wrote:

I am running the latest RELEASED version of Big Sur on my one year old Mac Mini.  Before I loaded Big Sur my EOS utility program worked for transferring images to MAC via USB cable.  Ever since Big Sur, with the latest download EU from Canon the installation fails, it looks like the installer is extracting files and then fails.  I get an error that reads "UniversalInstaller quit unexpectedly"????????

There is an app called AppCleaner that uninstalls an application and also cleans up all the various places where the app installs data.

I have used that sucessfully when I have gotten installation problems (but never had a problem with EOSU - did have a problem with DPP that got resolved with Appcleaner.)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

App cleaner did not work either

You might need a trip to the Apple support bench.

Since I am able to install those software on my MacBook Air w/Big Sur I have to conclude it is not a Canon software problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements