cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest manuals for DPP and R-series bodies unavailable.

BadJunk
Contributor

Hello folks,

Trying to download latest manuals for both Digital Photo Pro SW and camera body. The download page presents a link to the online HTML version(s) as well as a link to "Download Software" which just loops back to support pages.

The online version is fine if I am sitting at my desktop doing homework. When I am in the field, however, i really need a local version as I do not always have Internet access, to say nothing of high speed.

Really need a "portable" version I can access offline. This capability seems to have disappeared some months ago. Can anyone offer a solution here?

Thanks in advance,
D.

6 REPLIES 6

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bad Junk,

The current version of the Digital Photo Professional 4 manual is only available in HTML format. If you need a link to that manual it is available HERE. We recommend saving the manual page as a favorite in your web browser so you can reference it more quickly.

PDF versions of R series cameras are available. To send a link to the PDF version of your manual we would need to know what model you have.

Hi Hazel,

Thanks for the response. I am looking for the PDF manual for the EOS R body. A link to that file would be great.

Bummer to hear the DPP manual is not available offline. I frequently catch up on my reading offline and don't always have a good data connection.

Thanks!
D.

We recommend registering all your Canon gear in your My Canon Account. Once you've done that, you'll see your My Canon Account becomes a centralized repository for all of the most up-to-date software and manuals that pertain only to your Canon equipment. You can sign up or sign in at canon.us/account

Stephen,

Thanks for the recommendation.

Best,
D.

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

For DPP, the manual seems to be online only.  But I guess I don't know why you would need to consult it in the field...?

For the camera body, check the support page.  Sadly you forgot to mention what camera you have; but if it's the R5, the US support page has the manual in PDF format: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

(Scroll down to EOS R5 Advanced User Guide (PDF))

Hi AtticusLake,

While I am never actually using DPP away from my desktop, I am frequently offline when I am catching up on my reading.

I do now see the manual for the R body. Latest version appears to be from DEC 2019.

Thanks folks,
D

Announcements