cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imagebrowser EX shotdate

TheDobsonGuy
Contributor

Hello -- I've installed Imagebrowser E V 1.5.2.8.  Win7 Home Premium.  The shooting date display is actually sorting by date modified.  What have I done wrong?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Hi The DobsonGuy!

1. Were the images all downloaded to your computer using the provided Canon software?
  2. Were the images ever edited or saved after they were downloaded to your computer?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Mike,

No to #1, Yes, to #2

I have about 50K photos, various cameras and scanners.  Editing has been done with various programs, based on what I think the individual editor does best , or what is available.

IB seems to recognize the shot date (I see it in propertires, but the sorting seems to be mostly based on edit date.  There are some with shot date in 1986, but the sorted in to 1970...

Thanks for the quick response, Cheers!

@TheDobsonGuy wrote:

Hello Mike,

No to #1, Yes, to #2

I have about 50K photos, various cameras and scanners.  Editing has been done with various programs, based on what I think the individual editor does best , or what is available.

IB seems to recognize the shot date (I see it in propertires, but the sorting seems to be mostly based on edit date.  There are some with shot date in 1986, but the sorted in to 1970...

Thanks for the quick response, Cheers!

You're at the mercy of what those other editors did with respect to the shot date. Undoubtedly in some cases the editor just recorded what you told it, or it guessed, the shot date was. I don't believe there was a camera made in 1970 that recorded the shot date. If it did, the most it could do with it is stamp it on the film, because the digital camera hadn't been invented yet. And even a camera that did capture the shot date may have placed it in the Exif data in a non-standard location of which hte Canon software is unaware. Unless you're up for editing the Exif data (a dangerous process that can corrupt your image files unless you really know what you're doing), you'll probably have to live with it..

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Those were scanned slides, with which I used Picasa to change the shot date to the an approximate date.  Elements organizer picked it correctly.  I'm comparing the various organizers for usful features.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements