cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Transfer Utility 2 - unable to select Network storage location (NAS)

mikep2021
Apprentice

Hi,

I am wondering is it me or is it some stupid Canon's bug: I tried both Mac and Windows 10, and I am unable to select a network (or mapped drive on Win) for "Image Saving Location". Having NAS is not uncommon these days.

Anyone tried? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

File %appdata%\CANON INC\ImageTransferUtility\AppInfo.xml contains path to save folder. Try to change it there.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

After the (pairing) connection is made to the computer and you press the computer icon in the utility, what happens if you select "Set Destination Folder"?  and specify the path to your NAS?

Potential issues I see:

Permissions

Entering an Incorrect path

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The error is always "Cannot write to the selected folder. 

Select another folder.", no matter what NAS or other PC's mapped drive I choose, even if it is a mapped drive to the same box, and it is perfectly writable.

So, no it is not a permission issue or an incorrect path.

I'd love to hear from people that are actually doing it, and if they had to do it in any specific way.

File %appdata%\CANON INC\ImageTransferUtility\AppInfo.xml contains path to save folder. Try to change it there.

Changing the path in the AppInfo.xml works but would be great if Canon could fix software so you could save to a mapped network drive.

and if you are on MacOS:

#read current:
defaults read com.canon.ImageTransferUtility2 SaveRootFolder 

#write desired location:
defaults write com.canon.ImageTransferUtility2 SaveRootFolder /Volumes/MyVolume/MyPath

Announcements