cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Learn Tone Curves in DPP

MiGW
Contributor

Hello,

My search in the How To Video data base resulted in automatic linking to Pixma Printers. Not what I requested.

Can someone please direct me to training videos on Photo Editing with DPP Tone Curves?

Thx.

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the model number you are using. Also, which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version) Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

Hello Tiffany,

Which model number? Sorry, I'll take a chance at this.

Shooting with 6D Mk II, Processing with DPP4, V 4.12.70.0, on macOS V 10.13.6.

I am shooting single exposure StarScape or Landscape Astrophotography at ISO 3200-12800, exposed for 60-150 seconds, ultra-wide angle, wide open, mounted on a star tracker, and then processing to create a sense of standing under the ultra-dark skies where I took the pictures.

Thx,

Michael

Thanks John,

I'll have to put some time and effort into learning this content.

Regards,

Michael 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Here is a link to the  tone Curve section in the DPP manual:

Canon : Product Manual : Digital Photo Professional : Tool Palettes (start.canon)

Here is a YouTube tutorial. He discusses the tone curve around the 34 minute mark.

(1) CANON Digital Photo Professional 4 Tutorial | DPP4 | One Complete Tutorial | Beginning to End | ...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements