cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP SDR as converted

tropicalpests
Apprentice

Why when I edit my pics in DPP my screen says " as converted to SDR "? Does that mean I'm editing in SDR instead of HDR? My monitor supports HDR 10. I have updated to the lasted version to my Canon R5 and in DPP.

Another question do I keep previous settings after latest Update?

To keep using previous adjustment results, select the check box for [HDR PQ image quality settings*] in [Image Processing 2], in [Preferences].
* Applies to images captured with the EOS 5D Mark IV and EOS R.

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello tropicalpests,

Are you using a MAC or Windows computer? HDR PQ mode in the MAC edition of DPP is displayed in SDR according to the characteristics of the display so that RAW images shot on a supported camera approximate as much as possible to display in HDR PQ on an HDR display compliant with the HDR standard. I would also suggest taking a look at the Save AS options when working with your HDR images to verify that nothing has been set there to convert them to SDR. In terms of using the previous adjustments, I would go ahead and check that box in Preferences, even though, it is noted in the software that it applies to the EOS 5D Mark IV and EOS R specifically. You can always call our phone support, if you'd like to have someone walk through these settings with you. They can be reached at 1-800-652-2666, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and Saturday between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET. 

Thanks John Q

I'll call the number.

Thanks again.

Announcements