cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAs anyone successfully loaded the Easy Photo Print Pro plug-in into Photoshop CC? If so, how?

gophor
Contributor

I've tried to load it several times and keep getting a message saying the a compatible version of Photoshop has not been loaded. I've seen this question elsewhere, but without any answers. Does anyone know 1. If the two programs are incompatible, 2. If so, is either Canon or Adobe planning to make them compatible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You may need to change the selected OS, but here is the latest version:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_pro_series/pixma_pro9500...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You may need to change the selected OS, but here is the latest version:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_pro_series/pixma_pro9500...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks. It seems to have worked. Installed in LR. Just as good for me.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

My question, if you know how to use Photoshop CC, why do you think you need EPP?  It does nothing CC doesn't.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

My question, if you know how to use Photoshop CC, why do you think you need EPP?  It does nothing CC doesn't.

I was trying to do a borderless print from either LR 5.X or PS CC, forget which right now.  It didn't work,so I tried the Easy Photo Print plug-in.  It worked.
I would be perfectly happy to leave it out if I could do the borderless pringting with the Pro 100.

"I was trying to do a borderless print from either LR 5.X or PS CC, forget which right now."

I would bet it was LR.  LR print settings are confusing but you should have no problem with PS.  However, LR will do what you want without any add-ins like EPP.  How versed are you in the use of LR?  You probably need to bone up on how to set it up to print.  Are you going to 'Page Setup' on the left side of the screen first?  You should.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"I was trying to do a borderless print from either LR 5.X or PS CC, forget which right now."

I would bet it was LR.  LR print settings are confusing but you should have no problem with PS.  However, LR will do what you want without any add-ins like EPP.  How versed are you in the use of LR?  You probably need to bone up on how to set it up to print.  Are you going to 'Page Setup' on the left side of the screen first?  You should.

Moderately capable with LR. However, haven't printed that much.  I remember having some trouble with

it when I last tried. 

I'll mess with it in the next couple of days and see how it goes.  I'll also try to read up on it at the same time.

Thanks.

This assumes your printer is capable of doing boarderless prints. If it can't LR can't either.

Go to Page Setup and select a borderless printing size like 8x10. On the right side remove any stroke.  There are some more settings on the right but Page Setup on the left must be first.

EB

The printer, a PIXMA PRO-100, is capable of borderless printing.

I just took a quick look at LR. I think my mistake was not noticing the Page Layout button at the bottom left.  It takes you right into the printer setup, which I assume will make all the differemce.

Thanks.

Smiley Happy

EB
Announcements