cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Saving File - DPP4 Lens Profile

thetechhimself
Contributor

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 6.29.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-27 at 6.29.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-27 at 6.30.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-27 at 6.31.31 AM.png

Happens with any lens profile, I should add. RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro included.

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

As a guess, check your permissions in Privacy & Security to see if disk access is authorized for DPP4. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

How many lens profiles have you downloaded?  I notice that you have a mixture of every current Canon lens mount.  Are you trying to upload all of the different profiles to a camera?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

How many lens profiles have you downloaded?  I notice that you have a mixture of every current Canon lens mount.  Are you trying to upload all of the different profiles to a camera?

DPP doesn't upload to camera. The Lens Registration Tool is used for that.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Aren’t these the same lenses the same lenses that the Lens Registration Tool would see?  I know there is a limit on how many lens profiles you can upload to a camera.  Do not know if DPP would be subjected to a similar limit.

Judging by the version number at the top of the window, this might be the tool that is running.  It almost seems to definitely not be DPP4.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

DPP call the Lens Registration Tool to download lens data so it can be used with DLO.

If a camera is connected the LRT can be used to upload data to the camera for in-camera processing (JPEG creation). If one is only shooting RAW it is not necessary to upload lens data to the camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@thetechhimself wrote:

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 6.29.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-27 at 6.29.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-27 at 6.30.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-27 at 6.31.31 AM.png

Happens with any lens profile, I should add. RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro included.

I was working on my PC earlier in the day when I responded. Just got on my MacBook Air with macOS 13. I get the same file see error and I verified that DPP4 has full disk access.

I don't do much processing on my macBook, so I can't say that I ever tried downloading lens data before, so I can't say when it actually worked.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Where’s the error log for dpp4 on macOS? Messages perhaps?

I don't know.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

thetechhimself
Contributor

The fix? Change the destination folder (option in the EOS lens registration tool). I changed it from the user/shared to my user under a folder I made. Done.

Announcements