cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need info to open RAW photos

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I had to get a new laptop and it has completely screwed up everything...royally! What is the info that I download to open RAW photos? I have Photoshop Elements 2021 which will have to be downloaded again. I can download the memory card but the RAW photos don't show along with the jpg photos. Plus I can't designate the file where the photos need to go. This laptop and the layout of files, etc. is totally different than my old one. Let's start with this as I'm sure you will have other questions. Thanks.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What camera?

make sure that camera raw is up to date.

They should just show up on the card.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Tintype_18 wrote:

I had to get a new laptop and it has completely screwed up everything...royally! What is the info that I download to open RAW photos? I have Photoshop Elements 2021 which will have to be downloaded again. I can download the memory card but the RAW photos don't show along with the jpg photos. Plus I can't designate the file where the photos need to go. This laptop and the layout of files, etc. is totally different than my old one. Let's start with this as I'm sure you will have other questions. Thanks.

Is the new computer a Windows computer? 

When you download the contents of the card are you copying everything in the folder? Do you mean the RAW files on the card don't download or do you mean you don't see the image, just an icon?

Download Canon DPP4 and use that to view the folder.

I think your best solution is to go to Staples or Best Buy and contract some training time with the tech team. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements