cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Webcam utility cannot be installed in MacMini M1

GabrielaPadilla
Apprentice

After downloading the software and installing it. I can only find in the EOS webcam Utility folder: EOS Webcam Utility Uninstaller. But the software itself it´s not installed. 

I've tried several times and it's always the same. How can I successfully install the software, I have a Mac mini M1 with software Ventura 13.2.1

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

EOS Webcam Utility is not listed on the list of compatible software for Mac OS Ventura, so there is not a version of the software which can work on that version of the operating system yet. The EOS Webcam Utility is currently compatible with Mac OS 12 and earlier.

Canon Support for EOS R6 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

benthere
Apprentice

Hello, MacOS Ventura has been out for 7 months since October of 2022.  Considering MacOS 14 will likely be released for Developers in June at WWDC this is now a year out of date and you are alienating your customer base on MacOS.  The developer builds have been available for Ventura since last June - can you please provide some idea when Canon will update their software?  Saying don't update belies the fact that M2 Macs shipped with Ventura by default and no Mac currently available for sale comes with anything less than Ventura.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements