cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Utility not working with Sonoma and Adobe

Barrphoto
Contributor

continuing to have an issue with eon utility not working with Sonoma and the latest versions of photoshop and bridge.  it says that some other software is connected to the camera and I can only get it to work by loading in safe mode.  Any one found a fix yet??  

I have had to resort to Kuuvk capture (not ideal) but have to keep getting work done.  Ideally would like to see eos utility back working...    Anyone have a fix other than different software?

12 REPLIES 12

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Barnphoto,

I'm sorry to hear the EOS Utility is not working on your computer. The EOS Utility hasn't been updated for OS14 Sonoma yet, so it might not work correctly on that operating system at this time. 

In the meantime you could try uninstalling it and re-installing he current OS13 version of the software. That will be available on the product page for your camera. You can look up the product page HERE. Once you are on the product page click on the Software & Drivers button and there will be an operating system drop down. Click on the drop down and select macOS Ventura v13. The current version is EOS Utility 3.17.2 for macOS.

Once you've re-installed the current OS13 version restart the computer using the restart option in the operating system. When the camera has completed the restart open the EOS Utility by itself without opening any other software, connect the camera, and check to see if it automatically refreshes to give you the import options.

Does not work. I have tried reinstalling, wiping hard drives, buying a new Mac even…none of it works with the current versions of Photoshop and Sonoma. Is anybody out there getting it to work?

Greetings Barrphoto,

In case the steps we've provided does not allow for the software to run and function on your computer running with macOS 14, then we recommend to occasionally check the product support page for your Canon camera where an update to the software will become available when it's posted by our software engineers. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Can you give an ETA for this update to EOS 3 Utility. It's 4 months since you last posted...come on Canon! So many Canon camera owners use Macs, and we use the latest and greatest Mac OS!

AJRAV
Contributor

This is because Apple released an update with Sonoma 14.1 that blocks legacy webcams. Canon needs to release an update ASAP.

In the meantime, follow the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213969

This fixes the issue. 

Barrphoto
Contributor

it’s easy to blame Apple for the issue yet capture one and kuuvik have found a way to work with it. I do not need all the features that capture one offer and do not want to pay a monthly subscription. I have purchased kuuvik as a workaround.  I don’t know why Cannon cannot get this fixed instead of blaming Apple?  Lifetime canon user for the past 25 years professionally please Cannon help us out here.

Screenshot 2024-04-05 102309.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

sorry I’m not quite sure what you’re showing with your screenshot?

Updated EOSU for macOS 14

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements