cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility not working after MacOS Update

AJRAV
Contributor

Hi team,

Since the MacOS update, Zoom, OBS, Google Meet, and other apps don't pick up EOS Webcam Utility as a webcam. 

When I open the EOS Webcam Utility app, I can see my camera feed in the "Default Scene" box and "Scenes" section, but that is about it.

I tried Google Meet, OBS, Zoom, and Teams as well. 

Before the update, even when the camera is not on, Zoom will pick up the EOS Webcam Utility software as a webcam and just show a not connected screen, this time Zoom doesn't even acknowledge the software. 

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 05.41.07.png

My OS version: 14.1.2 (23B92) 
Running on: Apple Silicon (M2) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJRAV
Contributor

I actually found a fix for this. This is because Apple released an update with Sonoma 14.1 that blocks legacy webcams. Canon needs to release an update ASAP.

In the meantime, follow the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213969

This fixes the issue. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

AJRAV
Contributor

I actually found a fix for this. This is because Apple released an update with Sonoma 14.1 that blocks legacy webcams. Canon needs to release an update ASAP.

In the meantime, follow the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213969

This fixes the issue. 

Unfortunately, that doesn't fix it for me.  I get a message related to encrypted disk etc.  Boo!!!

You have to unlock the drive first. Type: 

diskutil apfs unlockVolume /dev/[volume] (replace [volume] with the name of the actual encrypted volume)

You'll see the volume name when you get the message that the drive is encrypted.

I'll give that a try tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.  🙂

Thank you.  Once I read this part properly "You'll see the volume name...." and stopped trying to guess what my Volume was called, the rest was easy.  I did encounter an issue that the New Teams would only display the logo for the EOS webcam app and not my actual camera.  However, I switched back to Teams Classic and it works great.  Thank you for taking the time to post!!!

WOW! After searching for days, I finally came across the solution! I registered an account just to say thanks!

You're welcome! Always feels good to help strangers on the internet 🙂 

do you mind helping a little more please? i'm stuck at the encrypted part, keeps asking me for a passkey with no option to type

Just type in your login password.

Announcements