cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 macOS not working on macOS

Lawfe
Apprentice

I've followed the instructions, downloaded the correct version, installed it, set up my SL1 then plugged in my mini HDMI; opened a zoom meeting, gone to video, selected EOS Webcam utility and get nothing.

Using MacOS 12.1

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What sets of instructions have you followed?  The EOS Webcam Utility is intended for use with the USB port, not the HDMI port.

The Canon EOS Webcam Utility v1.0 was superseded by v1.1 quite some time ago.  As of this writing, MacOS 12.1 is not supported, and has already been superseded by MacOS 12.2.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Lawfe
Apprentice

Many thanks for the reply.

I was using one set of instructions from the canon site. You're correct I'm not using the USB port - HDMI has higher I/O than 480Mbps, was naturally drawn to the HDMI option.

Glad to hear that the Webcam Utility has been updated. When going through the Canon site I'm told my lowly SL1 only has v1.0. I'd be more than happy to upgrade but I'm grateful that you say that the webcam utility is not supported on 12.x or beta software.Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 18.39.36.png

Thought I'd found a workable solution for my highly regarded SL1, but it's on to another solution. Thank you.

Announcements