cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility doesn't use 800D's counter when tethering, always starts from IMG_0001

SinanDira
Apprentice

When I used to tether my 600D to EOS Utility, the downloaded images would always preserve their filenames (i.e. the camera's counter). However, when using the latest version of EOS Utility with my new 800D, the counter starts from IMG_0001 on every tethering session, even though I have "do not modify" selected in file name options.

I want the images to follow the camera's counter rather than resetting back to 1 on each tethering session. What am I doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Several versions ago EOSU changed to save only to computer vs saving to camera. Since it doesn’t involve camera it doesn’t know the file name on camera. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Are you saying that there's no way at all to use camera's counter while tethering in newer versions?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I do not think there is any way. I haven't seen an option to do it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What happens if you use Canon’s DPP4 Remote Shooting Option?  It makes use of the EOS Utility’s GUI to capture photos.  I only tried it once when DPP4 was first introduced.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I use EOS Utility for remote shooting and DPP4 for displaying the captured photos. I didn't know that DPP4 has its own tethering feature without using EOS Utility, are you sure about that?

It doesn’t. The button in DPP4 just starts up EOSU. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements