cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility and WIN 11 Big Issue

cyanographics
Apprentice

Ive found an issue with EOS utility 3 and WIN 11: isnt possible to pair via wifi.

im using a SL3 and on win 10 it works perfectly but on win 11 there isnt EOS notifications asking to allow pairing, because of that, I guess, the camera doesnt show up in the EOS Pairing Software.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I do not use wireless for connection to the EOS Utility.  W11, have you checked under System > Notifications and also Privacy to see if the app has correct permissions and if notifications are allowed?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

cyanographics
Apprentice

weirdly system>notifications in win 11 doesnt show the EOS Utility so I cant even change settings for it.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@cyanographics wrote:

Ive found an issue with EOS utility 3 and WIN 11: isnt possible to pair via wifi.

im using a SL3 and on win 10 it works perfectly but on win 11 there isnt EOS notifications asking to allow pairing, because of that, I guess, the camera doesnt show up in the EOS Pairing Software.

Are you talking about two different computers?  Or, just one computer with an OS Upgrade?  You may need to delete any Wi-Fi setups you currently have defined in the camera, BTW.

When it comes to pairing smart devices. Bluetooth pairing typically requires a confirmation on both devices.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

cyanographics
Apprentice

two different pcs. pairing via WI FI.
windows 10 - show up pairing notification - pressed ok -> camera show up in cameras list
windows 11 - doesnt show up notification -> camera doesnt show up in cameras list

cyanographics
Apprentice

no solution yet.

Announcements