cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Constantly Drops Wireless Connection to Canon t7i

idcampbell
Contributor

I have a t7i and EOS utility v3 and the software has started to suddenly disconnect after 1 or two shots during remote shoot mode as well as during image transfer. It should be noted the problem only seems to occur when using my wireless router. If I use the t7i as an access point the problem does not occur. Both the camera and network router have the latest firmware versions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I performed a factory reset on my router and this appears to have resovled the problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

alexpilion
Enthusiast

It could be an interference issue, apart from your wifi do you see any new network there, like for example the one of from a neighbour?
In case there are more you can try to set the wifi-channel manually to avoid the overlapping.
If you look for the wifi settings on your router/modem search for a channel and instead of Auto try 13, if available, or 10. Generally devices using automatic work with channels 1 and 5 so using these should avoid the issue.
If not you can find further info about checking wifi network overlapping at your place from this page: https://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-to-find-the-best-wi-fi-channel-for-your-router-on-any-operating...
The best way to do it is with mobile so you can verify in many different places of your home/studio, including your desk and close to the tripod.

I hope this help.

I performed a factory reset on my router and this appears to have resovled the problem.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@idcampbell wrote:

I have a t7i and EOS utility v3 and the software has started to suddenly disconnect after 1 or two shots during remote shoot mode as well as during image transfer. It should be noted the problem only seems to occur when using my wireless router. If I use the t7i as an access point the problem does not occur. Both the camera and network router have the latest firmware versions.

It is not clear what it is that you are connecting to, which has started to suddenly disconnect.  Is it a phone, computer, tablet?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The disconnect occurs regardless of the device to which I'm connected (tried both tablet and PC for example).

@idcampbell wrote:

The disconnect occurs regardless of the device to which I'm connected (tried both tablet and PC for example).

It makes a major difference.  Those are different devices, which run different apps to connect to the camera.  What OS is running on the tablet and computer?  That makes a difference, too.

Let's pick one.  Let's go with a Windows 10 compuer, running the Intel chipset.  Have you tried using a USB cable between the camera and the Windows PC?

I'm not convinced it a DSLR/tablet/PC issue. The tablet and PCs are both running Windows 10. When I use my home wifi the EOS utility drops connectivity after 20 or so seconds. If I use the DSLR as a wifi access point the connection to either the PC or tablet are solid. 

@idcampbell wrote:

I'm not convinced it a DSLR/tablet/PC issue. The tablet and PCs are both running Windows 10. When I use my home wifi the EOS utility drops connectivity after 20 or so seconds. If I use the DSLR as a wifi access point the connection to either the PC or tablet are solid. 

In that case, I suggest that you contact Canon Support for assistance.

Announcements