cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 shooting in both RAW and JPEG but DPP seems to be showing me only my JPEG photos

LoveWeims
Contributor

I have reviewed what I thought were the relevant sections of the DPP manual, but I must be missing this.  I intentionally shoot in RAW and JPEG to see what this actually MEANS, and when I transferred photos to my PC to edit with DPP, all I saw were the images in JPEG format.  Did I do something wrong in the transfer?  The photos on my Canon camera screen clear show them as JPEG and RAW.

It seems I am constantly going down rabbit holes...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LoveWeims
Contributor

Ok.  I am the problem.  Had two files set up - one with early only jpegs (did not figure out shooting in both early on) and then a second file for a painter friend of mine to use for her work.  I was pulling from the jpeg ONLY file and did not realize what the RAW extension was in the other file.  Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome.

Look in the folder that you that you downloaded the images into. Do you see groups of files with the same name but .jpg on one and .CR3 on the other?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

LoveWeims
Contributor

Yes, i see the CR3 on my pc in the folder but and i now see the second jpeg in that folder - same number - but not why DpP pick up the RAW one!?

If you don't have this option checked (see photo) the DPP will list all the JPEGs together and then all the RAW.

If you select the option it will list both versions of the same file together.

Screenshot 2024-08-02 103312.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

LoveWeims
Contributor

I will look for this option now!

LoveWeims
Contributor

Ok.  I am the problem.  Had two files set up - one with early only jpegs (did not figure out shooting in both early on) and then a second file for a painter friend of mine to use for her work.  I was pulling from the jpeg ONLY file and did not realize what the RAW extension was in the other file.  Thanks for the help

Announcements