cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 - Firmware Update Availability

Vanderloo5
Contributor

When I go to my registered EOS R5 page and search for firmware updates I get this response

"There are no results for the OS Version you selected."

I currently have firmware ver 1.5.2 I received a notification that there was an update available but I can't find it. I've read I should be looking for 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8.1.

Not sure which I should be looking for. Please advise.Thank You

7 REPLIES 7

Vanderloo5
Contributor

I found it.Turned out to be 1.9 and it's installing now. B&H emailed the link to me with a notification that an update is available. I love B&H!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'd bookmark this page:

Canon Support for EOS R5 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

You were quite a few FW releases behind.  The new features released since v1.6.0 are impressive.  You'll have them all in v1.9.0    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank You Rick. That was actually the page where I got the message "There are no results for the OS Version you selected."

The link I got from B&H took me right to the driver download. Now I'm trying to figure out how to find the documentation with all of the new features. Surprised it didn't come with the download. Here's the B&H link https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer/products/cameras/eos-r/eos-r5.html?type=firmware&sc_src=ema...

Software & Drivers

Our software & drivers for your product are specific to your operations system. We've detected your operating system as OS X. If you need software or drivers for a different operating system make sure to select the correct operating system & version with the dropdowns below. Not all our software & drivers are compatible with all operating systems and versions.
Operating System

Mac (detected)

Version

Please select your OS version

Download Type

All

Language

English

Sort

RecommendedI I went to the link, (removed) and still received the message about no updates due to MacOC

There are no results for the OS Version you selected.  I cannot get the updates!!!!  I am NOT updating the MAC.  I am updating the R5!!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The manuals which are also available for download on the support portal are updated when new firmware is released.  It includes the new features and additions.  So the manuals grow incrementally over the life of the product.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shariargent
Contributor

Same. Now what!!!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Firmwares updates are OS agnostic.  

It doesn't matter what operating system you choose.  As of today, the current firmware available for the R5 is version v2.0.0

Release notes are available, and the download contains a .PDF with install instructions.  

The file you need for the camera is .FIR

This is the file you will put in the root of your SD card.  Go ahead and temporarily remove your CF Express card while you are upgrading the firmware.  

If you have any questions, please reply and someone here can assist you.  

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/canon-product-advisories/Firmware-Notice-EOS-R5-Firmware-Version-2...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements