cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 60D serial number not accepted for software installation

DeepYogurt
Apprentice

I'm trying to install software for my 60D camera on my Mac but it does not accept the serial number that I got from EXIF info from a photo taken by this camera (the serial number on the bottom label has worn off - it's almost 10 years old). Any suggestions? Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Check your private messages.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite

What software are you trying to install/use? What your camera purchased in the US? Have you tried registering that serial number via your Canon account?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

DeepYogurt
Apprentice

I did register that serial number and it did not complain, but the software does not install without a serial number. Is the number from the EXIF the correct number to use or is there another "serial number" somewhere? The software I was trying to install was from the "Digital Photo Professional 4.14.0 for macOS" - as soon as I click on the "Download" button, you get another webpage that asks for serial number and that is where it will not accept the EXIF serial number I got. I bought the camera at Sam's Club in about 2013.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Check your private messages.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

I used another serial number from another Canon camera, so thanks for that idea John!!! Am guessing that the problem has to do with the fact the 60D is so old, but that's just a guess. Will contact Canon and see if they can  confirm if this is the real problem or it's something else.

I contacted Canon Chat support and they told me to use the serial number 1234567890 and I did and it works fine. So if anyone else runs into this same issue about their serial number not working give this a try.

Thanks to everyone who helped out!!

-bob

click here to view the gallery
Announcements