cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 250D Delay with Webcam software

sambank
Apprentice

I have just bought a new Canon 250D and intend to use it as a webcam. When using the Canon Webcam software, I am experiencing a delay, which is semi-noticeable with speech but very much so with a clear action such as clapping of hands. 

I have updated the camera firmware, tried a myriad of different USB cables and different programs (Zoom OBS, etc).  I have also tried using the HMDI out, via a number of capture cards via USB 3 but the same delay appears.  I tried changing the resolution of the camera but all five options produce the same result.

I'm at the point I will have to return the camera if I can't work out what I need to do to get it right.

Is there anything you can suggest I try?

Thanks!

Sam

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello. Please see the FAQs listed HERE

Hi Stephen.  Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did read that (and all the other help things I could) but it doesn't address the delay.  Did I miss something?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your streaming software should have a place to adjust the synchronization of the audio and video. OBS has this feature. 

Hi 5DIV.  Thank you for your suggestion.  I can't see how to do that in Zoom.

My other issue is that that isn't actually fixing the issue, just delaying the audio.  I was hoping how to find out how to fix the video delay to make it a full live feed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I could be wrong, but I don't think that the delay is a Canon camera problem. If you search online, you will find many hits concerning the delay with Zoom. There may be a solution in a Google search. 

Announcements