cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-1Ds Mark II Where to find firmware

Hertsman
Contributor

Hi - can anyway help me with locating somewhere to download the firmware files necessary to update my Canon EOS 1ds mark ii ? I have just bought one and it's 1.1.4 so I would like to update it to 1.1.6. 

Thanks in advance. - Brian 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To you as PM.

Else PM me again with your email.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

rs-eos
Elite

Strangely, I didn't see any firmware on the main Product Support page for that camera.  Even after manually selecting different operating systems and versions.

However, I did find the following link, but clicking on the "I Agree - Begin Download" button does nothing.

https://www.cvi.canon.com/nw3s/CanonUSA/DownloadContents/English/ABRENCIG1086EN.htm

I would contact Canon and see how you may go about obtaining the firmware.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hi Ricky - thanks for getting back to me so quickly - yes I have tried that one and had the same happen to me. Canon just don't support the 1ds mark ii now so they don't even refer people to other sources. I'm just hope somebody actually has the .bin file and can send it to me - thanks again - Brian 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Here are v1.1.6, v1.1.7 and v1.1.8.  These will be hosted for the next 48 hours.

They are .fir files, not .bin

shadowsports_0-1708790220130.png

Link removed  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick - thanks but these appear to be files for the 1dx Mark ii  ?...Brian 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

About Peter - Canon Community

PM this member.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Brian,

Indeed they are.  Apologies.  I mixed the X with S.  No source for the mkII I've found.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

John's recommendation looks to be best.  <<<   It looks like Peter might have v1.1.6 based on what I've read elsewhere.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick - Thanks for this - is that a link to Peter ? I am clicking on it but it doesn't take me anywhere. - Brian 

Rick - don't worry about my last message - I have already messaged Peter - thanks...

Announcements