cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP is driving me crazy - Files revert back to unedited version

rogen22
Apprentice

I am looking to get some help please. I have no idea what DPP is doing to my photos but just trying to make a simple adjustment such as cropping a bit, reverts the file back to the unedited version from the camera is my best assumption. Nothing I do recreates the look the camera does when it makes its adjustments. Any advice on how to regain my sanity will be very welcome.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, rogen22!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Try saving the images you are editing with unique names.  One thing that most if not all RAW editors do, is non-destructive editing, meaning your originals files do not get altered.  This is important so that an undesired change doesn't permanently alter your ability to change your mind or perform additional edits from an unaltered file. This is by design.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you do not save the images, then DPP should always present a dialog box asking if you would like to save your changes before it closes the image editor.  Does DPP not do this?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements