cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP for Mac Monterey 12.5.1

justmoore
Apprentice

Is the Digital Photo Professional program available for download for the macOS Monterey 12.5.1? I have tried downloading the MacOs 12 and it states that "This software does not support screen resolution lower than 1024x768. Please change your screen resolution to 1024x768 or higher". Unfortunately, I'm not very computer savvy and even tried talking to someone in Hong Kong from Canon and they didn't have the answer for me. 

Much appreciated!

Joann

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings justmoore,

Digital Photo Professional 4.16.10 is available for macOS 12 but the software is currently only compatible with Intel processors. An update for Apple's M1 processor is not yet available and there are no guarantees the current version of the software can be installed. We recommend to occasionally visit the software download page for your camera and an update will be available for download once it's been posted by our software engineers. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What type of computer are you trying to use?  Apps have both hardware and software prerequisites and requirements.

The error message seems to suggest that your computer does not meet the minimum video hardware requirements.  Or, you need to switch your current video resolution setting to a higher resolution to at least 1024 x 768.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for replying. I apologize. I am using a MacBook Pro 15” with the M1 chip with the Retina display. 

@justmoore wrote:

Thank you for replying. I apologize. I am using a MacBook Pro 15” with the M1 chip with the Retina display. 

What is the resolution of the Retina display?  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings justmoore,

Digital Photo Professional 4.16.10 is available for macOS 12 but the software is currently only compatible with Intel processors. An update for Apple's M1 processor is not yet available and there are no guarantees the current version of the software can be installed. We recommend to occasionally visit the software download page for your camera and an update will be available for download once it's been posted by our software engineers. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for responding. 

Only compatible with Intel chips?  Apple Silicon's M1 chip is now 2 years old.  Dev on this one is seriously slacking.  Get it together already!  

JarrallB
Apprentice

Just wanted to chime in that I'm working on a M2 MBP, and I tried installing the aforementioned  v 4.16.0 and though it was installed, it worked terribly. It corrupted the preview of images, didn't recognize my 16mm RF lens, couldn't apply edits, etc. It offered an update to version 4.16.11, though had the same result. Really hoping Canon dev team steps up and supports the latest Apple Silicon MacBooks.

dfikes
Apprentice

Chiming in as well- M1 MBP OS Ventura 13.1 here. Currently on DPP v. 4.17.0.0 and all works fine except saving, convert/save, batch process (converting). This happens if original file is on HD or external, get same generic error with details CR2 > JPG or TIFF or Both (tried them all). No matter where I save them to or if I rename them. Seems like a bug in software or compatibility issue with Mac OS. Really love DPP and it's so powerful now, but can't use it because I can't save them. Fingers crossed for a quick fix.

gordonsick
Apprentice

I have an Intel MacBook Pro Retina with Monterey 12.6.3. I just installed DPP 4.17.0 and it crashes when I open it. I've deleted the Plist that others have suggested and that doesn't solve the problem.

What else can I try to make it work?

Announcements