cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a preset of exposure settings in EOS Utility

JBird
Apprentice

I am using a MK4 and I have an event I shoot entirely from my computer.  My work station is not close to my camera and sometimes end up using about 40ft of tethering cable.  There are several times a day that I need to very quickly ramp up my shutter & ISO and then very quickly ramp back down.  

I understand the C1 ~ C3 settings but, keep in mind I am not near my camera to turn the dial on the camera.  Can I access saved exposure settings from the EOS Utility software?  I'm not talking picture style.  I mean shutter & ISO. 

My normal is 1/80 @ 1600 ISO.   I ramp up to 1/200 @ 4000 ISO ..and then back down to 1/80 @ 1600 ISO.  Aperture adjustments are +/- 1/3 so that is no big deal. 

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I am not aware of any remote shooting app that allows for exposure presets like that.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@JBird wrote:

I am using a MK4 and I have an event I shoot entirely from my computer.  My work station is not close to my camera and sometimes end up using about 40ft of tethering cable.  There are several times a day that I need to very quickly ramp up my shutter & ISO and then very quickly ramp back down.  

I understand the C1 ~ C3 settings but, keep in mind I am not near my camera to turn the dial on the camera.  Can I access saved exposure settings from the EOS Utility software?  I'm not talking picture style.  I mean shutter & ISO. 

My normal is 1/80 @ 1600 ISO.   I ramp up to 1/200 @ 4000 ISO ..and then back down to 1/80 @ 1600 ISO.  Aperture adjustments are +/- 1/3 so that is no big deal. 

I understand that you are wanting a preset, but honestly you wouldn't be saving that much time. With just a few mouse clicks or taps, you can switch those settings in a matter of seconds in the EOSU. I do it quite a bit with my cameras.

What you want is available in the EOSU, but just for cameras that do not have a mode dial, like the R5 (see attached). As you probably know, shooting mode will be grayed out for cameras with a mode dial 😞

EOSU with EOS R5 attached.EOSU with EOS R5 attached.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements