cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting G9x to MacBook Pro

ninasantiago12
Apprentice

I bought a g9x a couple of weeks ago - I want to connect it to my MacBook Pro to use it as a screen (to use Utility software) while I take videos. The camera did not come with any cables as I can transfer pictures thru WiFi - but to use Canon Utility, can someone point me in the right direction as to what cable I should buy? Links would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

*new to canon world, so I apologize for the lack of Canon vocab knowledge*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This cable. Be sure to turn off wifi if you want to download via cable. 

It it doesn't matter what OS you have-cables are cables. 

IMG_0558.PNG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Crista
Whiz

Hi ninasantiago12!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what version of Mac OS X you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This cable. Be sure to turn off wifi if you want to download via cable. 

It it doesn't matter what OS you have-cables are cables. 

IMG_0558.PNG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yeah I didn't think my OS mattered - thanks, I found the cable at the canon website and purchased it just now. Thanks for your help!

Hi @ninasantiago out of interest which cable did you buy? 

I ended up buying this one from Walmart - Canon PowerShot G9x USB - someone else from another forum suggested this.

GertieP
Apprentice

One of the reasons I bought the G9X was the wifi connection capability. I can connect to my iPhone but not my iMac running High Sierra even thought I downloaded the software specifically for that OS. It finds Macintosh but I get a connection failed notice every time even though I follow the instructions to a T.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164577

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements