cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Says to Install EOS Utility 2 When I Connect My EOS 70D

ryanave000
Contributor

I installed EOS Utility 3.16.0 for Windows 11 however, when I try to connect my EOS 70D to my computer, either via usb or wifi, a message appears saying "Application not installed. Please install EOS Utility 2." In all the tutorial videos I've watched, EOS Utility 2 appears in the list of software to be installed, however this was not the case for me. Why might this be? Additionally, where would I be able to download EOS Utility 2? Long story short, I would like to view my photos on my monitor immediately after taking them. If you have any recommendations or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot_20221210_051908.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Then download and install EOSU 3.13.20.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Glad to help. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

An older version would work as John pointed out.  You should also be able to manually launch the EOS Utility 2 directly from the Canon Utility folder.  After this is done once, it should work with the 70D which requires version 2 of the Utility, not 3.  Both versions get installed with newer versions of the installer.  Your system is trying to launch v3. 

Close the EOS Utility program on your desktop.  Now close v3 of the utility by right-clicking its icon in the system tray.  Now launch v2 of the utility directly from the program folder.  It will look similar to this.  Select quit, then launch v2.

shadowsports_1-1670683890814.png

Now the correct version (v2) should be running waiting for the 70D to be connected.  As you can see from the image, different options are available.  The software can run on demand (meaning you have to start it manually each time you want to use it, or can be set to run automatically each time the system starts)  You can pick the option that works best for you.  Edit... yes older version works too, as those only include v2 of the utility.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

bonestaak
Apprentice

I got the same but i am on a Mac,  i don't have the utility 2  I just downloaded the software yesterday from Canon site.

bonestaak
Apprentice

Where do i got the older (mac) versions?

Canon Support for EOS 70D | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Go to macOS Catalina download page and download EOSU 3.13.30

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I dit use an older version yet  (choose High Sierra) and now i got the utility.  I have m3 13 30 6

OK. Then when you run the installer you should have EOSU3 and EOSU2.

When you want to run the program go into the EOSU2 folder and run EOSU2. Don't select the icon that is just plain EOSU.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

click here to view the gallery
Announcements