cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Utilities tether not writing all images to memory card

EricPatrie
Apprentice

Hello, our company uses the Canon EOS Utilities program to shoot tethered directly into our computers. We write redundantly to the computer, and to the installed SD cards. Occasionally, a couple images will be stored in the computer, but are not present on the SD card at the end of the shoot. The rest of the shoot is there, it’s only ever 1-2 images. What causes this, and how can I prevent it?

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, EricPatrie!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

thanks for your response.

Using Canon R cameras. Shooting into a subject database program called Blueprint (by Imagequix). Using remote shooting, and the destination folders match in all programs and write without issue for 99% of the day

Hello EricPatrie,

The first thing that comes to mind here is the memory card being used in the camera. Is the camera being powered off before the images have been saved to the card (buffering)? This could result in images not being saved to the card but still being saved to the computer. It certainly seems that you have the software set to record to the card and computer. I would double-check that setting just in case however. I would also suggest that after each download you compare the two destinations to see if there is a pattern.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements