cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Utilities Not Available

emtsteve13
Apprentice

I have always used the canon software that came with my EOS Rebel T3 to download and edit my photos. Liked what zoom browser offered as I am not into special effects. just crop, color correct, lighten or darken and maybe and a caption here and there. Got a new computer after mine crashed and Canon says it's no longer available. Any suggestions on a program to download?

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Have you visited the Canon Product Support Page for the T3?  There you can download current software, and usually the older or original versions, too.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the link but I've already been there. That's what prompted my question. I says the utility thst I was using is no longer available. Did list a whole bunch of compatible software options but they are all greek to me. 

Do you recall the name of ythe software you were using?

Sometimes if you drill down in the support list to previous versions of the operating system to the one that was current when your device was released you can find earlier versions of software.

However, sometimes software isn't listed for later versions of an OS because the software is not compatible with the newer OS.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Stephen

Here's a direct link to the support page for the Rebel T3: https://canon.us/3Hak9w8

Well I was wrong all the Utility link did was allow me to download the photos from the camera. Still no Zoombrowser, Did a lot of searching but couldn't find a download for it, Been to the link you supplied but that's where I started. All the programs listed are foreign to me. Just need something simple and looking for suggestions as to what to replace zoombrowser with

emtsteve13
Apprentice

Ended up calling the support line. Got the links I needed sent to me quickly and courteously. I know in this day and age customer service is an easy target for complaints but I want to take this space to say Canon's was amazing!!!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

All companies should be as good as Canon. I have been dealing with them since 1980. 😁

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Oh, BTW, if you want to move to the next level, take a look at Photoshop Elements. It isn't free, like Canon software, but isn't expensive and does everything the amature wants and almost all that the real deal PS does.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you tried DPP? Free from Canon and it has a Quick Look tool to go through images and rate them. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements