cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Digital Photo Professional wouldn't start after the latest win10 update

Digimark
Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

I always used DPP 4.11 without problem, but few days ago windows10 did some updates by itself and as result,  now any time i try to start DPP, i get an error message "Runtime error" : " this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way- microsoft visual C++ runtime library".
I tryied to uninstall DPP and reinstall it few times,but I could'nt find a solution to make it start.
If someone had my same experience and maybe found the solution yet, please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance to everyone, that would pay attention to my problem and that will help to solve my issue.

Best Regards

Mark Di Giovanni

37 REPLIES 37

Shrimage
Apprentice
Did not work for me none of them

Shrimage
Apprentice
Amazing WORKED. For the ones not so savy in computers. Just understand that ProgramData is a hiden folder so you need to change some viewing settings options and you will find it in C: drive. That folder name is found somewhere else too but the one deleted under ProgramData makes it work !

StevieGMovies
Contributor

Thanks to the info in this thread so far. At least i know the problem exists for other windows 10 users.

I read the thread and i found the solution however i can't find the older version of DPP on the canon website. 

There is no "updater versions" tab above (or below) .

Can someone please point me in the right direction or put up a URL of the older version ? 

TIA

Screenshot 2020-03-27 10.58.24.png

roquemarin
Apprentice

I have the same problem. DPP crashes when trying to open any *.cr2 file. 

None of the proposed solutions works for me.

I have found a workaround:

* To create a new window user (called Fotografia) and open DPP from there. It is working for me and I can processe my Raw files again.

I don't know why but this approach is working. I suspect of an unidentified software compatibility, probaly associated Windows 10.

BTW, according to Windows event logger the error is caused by ipDSprop.dll library. I can`t find a replacement for this library.

The error has been happening in several DPP versions, the latest one is 4.17.20

Hope this helps.

@roquemarin wrote:

I have the same problem. DPP crashes when trying to open any *.cr2 file. 

None of the proposed solutions works for me.

I have found a workaround:

* To create a new window user (called Fotografia) and open DPP from there. It is working for me and I can processe my Raw files again.

I don't know why but this approach is working. I suspect of an unidentified software compatibility, probaly associated Windows 10.

BTW, according to Windows event logger the error is caused by ipDSprop.dll library. I can`t find a replacement for this library.

The error has been happening in several DPP versions, the latest one is 4.17.20

Hope this helps.

Try running the free version of CCleaner registry cleaner. That sometimes works.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks. I will reinstall Windows in the next few weeks. I used to do it each year but since I retired 4 years ago I have been using the same installation. Now my PC need some maintenance, it has accumulated a lot of garbage and it has a new larger SSD. So, I will wait until then. I am pretty sure that the problem with DPP will disappear. Thanks anyway. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Your feedback is appreciated, however this thread is almost 4 years old.  I'm sure a great deal of variance exists between your environment and the user who started this thread. Your solution appears to indicate a problem with your computers operating system or user profile.  You created a new profile and your software worked again.  If you need further assistance, please start a new thread and include information about your specific environment (operating system version and build) as well as the version of the canon software being used.  Other helpful information includes any error messages you observe or receive.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I'm not suggesting you delete your post.  What's important is that your issue get the visibility and attention it deserves.  Hardware and software environments often vary significantly.  It easier for those helping to have a clear picture of your environment and issue(s).  This also helps others looking for assistance to find answers more quickly.  🙂  Have a good weekend!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements