cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect availability for Windows 10

willseadawg
Apprentice

Using EOS T6 for Astrophotography - can't find the Canon Camera Connect for Windows 10- have a HP Envy with 64 bit- want to live view my images on my computer - found non-Canon software that just takes me down a rabbit-hole to other software. I've connected my camera via USB cable and disenabled the Wi-Fi function.  Thanks, for a any help. Will

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

For computers you want EOS Utility. Camera Connect is for iOS and Android devices. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yeah, if only the EOS Utility was available for the Canon EOS Rebel T100 even though the downloads page for the Canon EOS Rebel T100 includes the EOS Utility. I've spent months trying to get that stupid thing to work with my camera and I just now found out it's apparently not compatible with the Canon EOS Rebel T100. So, any suggestions on how one can remote view on a computer if they own a Canon EOS Rebel T100? I wish they had "Camera Connect" for a computer so I could remote view pictures and video with my computer, rather than my mobile phone.

from Canon support site for T100. 

IMG_1797.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, I'm aware of this. And, why do they have a download option for the EOS Utility for the Canon EOS Rebel T100 when the EOS Utility isn't compatible with the Canon EOS Rebel T100? If you go to the page for just the EOS Utility, it lists cameras that support the EOS Utility and the Canon EOS Rebel T100 isn't on that list. So, it makes it confusing that they've got the option to download the EOS Utility on the Canon EOS Rebel T100 support site, when the Canon EOS Rebel T100 doesn't even support the EOS Utility. You go to this page here, https://www.usa.canon.com/support/eos-utilities and go down to "Select Your Model", the Canon EOS Rebel T100 isn't even listed. You search for the camera model on that page, and it doesn't even show the Canon EOS Rebel T100. So, if the T100 doesn't support the EOS Utility, they should take the EOS Utility off the Canon EOS Rebel T100 support site.

BristleBean
Apprentice

And what program were you able to use to view live images or video using the USB cable?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I don't use the EOS Utility myself any longer.  I switched to a card reader many years ago.  

v3.17.0. does indicate support for the T100

shadowsports_0-1694527570224.png

I realize that could be a typo or possibly omitted.  

John also pointed you to an earlier version of the EOS Utility.  I believe this is a good idea.  Its very likely that the EOS Utility 3 does not support the T100, but the EOS Utility 2 might.  I think v3.15.or v3.16 includes both v2 and v3.   You may have to start v2 manually from the programs or application folder.  

It looks like the T100 might also be supported on the Canon Connect App for iOS and Android.  I don't have this body, so cannot test.  Its certainly worth trying.

Screenshot_20230912-065603 - Copy.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yeah, I discovered today that I actually can use the EOS Utility on my Canon EOS Rebel T100, only I have to use a cable and I can't connect to it wirelessly. Seems kind of pointless and useless to try and remote view, take pictures remotely and record video remotely if one has to have a wired connection to their computer instead of wirelessly. Also, I have the Camera Connect app on my Android but at certain times I'd prefer to use my computer to be able to remote view, take pictures and record video remotely. I have a couple of cats that are doing things they aren't supposed to do and I can't catch them so I'd like to be able to use my camera as sort of a live camera to watch them on my computer so I can catch them in the act. I could use my phone but it would be easier to just have a small window on my computer open of which I can watch them with while I do other things on the computer.

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0300029798/01/eos-rebelt100-3000d-wfim-en.pdf

IMG_1798.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements