cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect App removes GPS location info when transferring pictures

jjemil808
Apprentice

Camera: Canon PowerShot SX620 HS

Canon Camera Connect App: Android 2.4.30.14 (build 1034) and iPad iOS 2.4.31.16 (build 1048)

After setting the Canon Camera Connect App to record location and taking pictures with my PowerShot, the GPS location info is successfully added to the pictures when I resync.

But, after that when I use Camera Connect to transfer the pictures from the Camera to my Galaxy S8 or iPad, I go to the picures on my Galaxy S8 or iPad and GPS location info is gone from the pictures.

This issue has been reported before on an older thread:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Software/Camera-Connect-App-User-Guide/td-p/148802/page/9

Thanks to that thread, I found out I have to remove the SD card from the camera and use an SD card adapter to transfer the pictures directly to my Galaxy S8 and iPad. This is not as convenient as transferring the pictures directly with the Camera Connect App, but at least the GPS location info is preverved when transferring the pictures with an SD card adapter.

This has been a known issue, when will this issue be fixed?

21 REPLIES 21

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
I do not speak for Canon. You expressed an opinion that was incorrect, based on false assumptions regarding programming.

They are not going to update the firmware to your liking.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Frogman38
Contributor
You have me confused with another contributor to this thread. I’ve made no assumption about programming. I never wanted any firmware changing. Just help with the settings which I got from the Canon rep. As I said previously I am happy now it downloads the location data with the jpg file.
Announcements