cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have the Canon Camera Connect app on multiple devices for the same camera?

James030
Apprentice

Long story short, im from the States but am currently in New Zealand and about 3 weeks ago my phone (which had the Canon Camera Connect app on it) started acting up to the point where I can't use it. Anyway, I want to share my photos on my camera but it won't connect to my Nexus 7 which I downloaded the app on, but the camera is not connecting nor even acknowledgeding it. If someone could help me out it would be appreciated greatly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_
Authority

Yes you can use it on multiple devices. You have it installed right so try this

If you have not been using the Mobile Device Connect Button or your camera does not have that button:

1. Press Playback and then select the button with the Wi-Fi icon.
  2. Initiate a new connection by selecting the smartphone icon on the screen, rather than pressing a previous connection from the connection history list.
  3. Complete the connection to you smart device (remember to launch the new Camera Connect app on your smart device).
  4. After you have completed this, the camera will remember this connection to the new Camera Connect app and this will appear as a new item on the history list. You can also delete the old CameraWindow app to avoid confusion.

If you have been using the Mobile Device Connect Button to connect to your smart device:

1. Press the Menu and find Settings tab (tab with spanner and hammer icon).
  2. Select the option for Mobile Device Connect Button.
  3. Delete the ‘Registered destination’ (your smart device).
  4. Once deleted, press the Mobile Device Connect Button again and complete the connection to your smart device (remember to launch the new Camera Connect app on your smart device).
  5. After you have completed this, the mobile button will remember this connection to the new Camera Connect app and you can use the mobile button as before. You can also delete the old CameraWindow app to avoid confusion.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

John_
Authority

Yes you can use it on multiple devices. You have it installed right so try this

If you have not been using the Mobile Device Connect Button or your camera does not have that button:

1. Press Playback and then select the button with the Wi-Fi icon.
  2. Initiate a new connection by selecting the smartphone icon on the screen, rather than pressing a previous connection from the connection history list.
  3. Complete the connection to you smart device (remember to launch the new Camera Connect app on your smart device).
  4. After you have completed this, the camera will remember this connection to the new Camera Connect app and this will appear as a new item on the history list. You can also delete the old CameraWindow app to avoid confusion.

If you have been using the Mobile Device Connect Button to connect to your smart device:

1. Press the Menu and find Settings tab (tab with spanner and hammer icon).
  2. Select the option for Mobile Device Connect Button.
  3. Delete the ‘Registered destination’ (your smart device).
  4. Once deleted, press the Mobile Device Connect Button again and complete the connection to your smart device (remember to launch the new Camera Connect app on your smart device).
  5. After you have completed this, the mobile button will remember this connection to the new Camera Connect app and you can use the mobile button as before. You can also delete the old CameraWindow app to avoid confusion.

Can you connect multiple cameras to one device while using the canon connect app? if yes, how? Specifically 2 Canon EOS 80D

I have an EOS R and this does not appear to work for me; camera screens are different at the Bluetooth connection point. I'd like to connect my EOS R to an Android smartphone and also an Android tablet.I can connect to an Android smartphone, but when I try to set up connection to Android tablet the "pairing" option is grayed out.  Any help?

@Doug_E wrote:

I have an EOS R and this does not appear to work for me; camera screens are different at the Bluetooth connection point. I'd like to connect my EOS R to an Android smartphone and also an Android tablet.I can connect to an Android smartphone, but when I try to set up connection to Android tablet the "pairing" option is grayed out.  Any help?

Make sure every device that you connect to has its' own defined connection.  To connect to a new device, you must define a new connection.  Look at the connection definitions as a phone number.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Both the tablet and the cell have a defined connection on the camera. The only way i can figure out to switch from tablet to cell or vice versa is to turn off both the linked device (e.g., tablet) and the camera and then turn on the other linked device (e.g., cell) and the camera again. Seems like there should be a simpler way?

James030
Apprentice
Thank you! You saved me a great deal of time and hair pulling.

LOL your welcome !

Announcements